How to Fix and Prevent and a Bumpy Lawn
Are you finding bumps, dips and holes in your lawn, making your yard unlevel? The cause is simple and may come without notice, but it can be fixed and prevented in the future. Here are some causes and tips from Lawn Savers to smooth out your bumpy lawn.
Uneven lawns can be caused my many things, such as:
- Frozen, dense soil that thaws unevenly in the spring
- Pets and pests that dig holes
- Children who dig holes or play heavily
- Walking on lawns that are too soft, usually in the early spring or after it rains
- Equipment that is used incorrectly, causing holes or other damage
Fixing your lawn might take some work, but with a little effort your lawn will be back in shape in no time. For depressions less than an inch deep, gradually sprinkle them with top soil (compost-based soil works best). If depressions that are an inch deep or more, remove the top layer of soil to correct the sinking and fill it back with new, healthy soil. Add a little extra to allow for some settling. Be sure to remove any pests or objects that are causing the damage prior to any repairs.
Keep your lawn smooth by:
- Using high-quality fertilizer
- Overseed to thicken grass
- Use insect control
- Aerate regularly to loosen the soil and lessen heaving.
The experts at Parkway Lawn Services are ready to help you with all your lawn care needs, questions, and concerns. We have over 30 years of experience of serving customers in the Twin Cities. Contact us today at 612-869-5878 for all your lawn care needs.